Monday, October 18, 2010

Ginger Syrup, Part 2 (No willpower, none, zip, diddily, bupkus)

Okay, okay... I did not make it til the weekend to try my hand at a gingertini... I shake my damn Christmas presents too...

The only thing I was missing was the candied ginger at the end of a toothpick....

My Gingertini:

2 oz Vodka
1.5 oz  My Ginger Syrup
1 small slice of lemon

Shake on ice... strain...  pour...  and enjoy while it's icy...

As an aside... The Ginger People make a "ginger juice"... and while they say theirs is just ginger and citric acid... they would have to add some water... I figured out that mine (with a bit of added sugar) is 6 cents an ounce... theirs is about 73 cents an ounce...

I get just the fresh punch I am looking for... for so much less... I think the next step will be to try it in a salad dressing or noodle soup...

No comments:

Post a Comment